For over thirty years, The Baker Group has helped financial institutions navigate through volatile and unpredictable economic environments. We work as partners with our clients to help them focus on the things that are critical to their success. Because points of focus will change regularly as conditions evolve, our task is to help financial institutions develop processes and strategies for optimal performance in any environment. We do this by using robust tools and resources for investment and interest rate risk management. In facing the challenge of an uncertain environment, The Baker Group can help you sharpen your focus.
The Baker Group’s upcoming Investment Strategies and Interest Rate Risk Seminar will address specific bond portfolio strategies to improve margin and mitigate unnecessary IRR. We will discuss security selection processes and liquidity management, present tools for assessing credit risk in municipal bonds, and explore stress tests for the entire balance sheet using our Interest Rate Risk software. There is no cost for this seminar.
An In-Depth Program
Financial institution managers will come away with sound ideas for using the bond portfolio as an effective tool in managing liquidity, cash flows, and interest rate risk. Attendees will also gain insight into the remarkable changes that the banking industry is experiencing in the current market environment. Seminar topics include:
- Current Economic Conditions and Fed Policy Outlook
- Developing an Effective ALCO Process to Manage Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity
- How to Build an Investment Portfolio Without Being Sold One
- Characteristics of High Performance Portfolios
- Developing a Municipal Credit Analysis Process to Comply with Dodd-Frank
- Top Strategies to Prepare for the Next Rate Cycle
- Managing Cash Flows and Options Risk in the Investment Portfolio
- How to Effectively Reduce Extension Risk in the Bond Portfolio
- Minimizing MBS Prepayment Risk with the Right Loan Attributes
Who Should Attend
Financial institutions' CEOs, CFOs, investment officers, board members, and those who are directly or indirectly responsible for financial management functions will benefit from this seminar.
Attendance to the Investment Strategies and Interest Rate Risk Seminar is limited in order to allow attendees as much one-on-one and Q&A time as needed. The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate to advanced, and basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended. Because this seminar is presented without charge to attendees, there are no refund or cancellation policies. We do, however, welcome any constructive suggestions you might have concerning the seminar. Your comments should be directed to Skoshi Heron at 1.888.990.0010.