At The Baker Group, we believe that our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting highly skilled, talented, committed individuals. Our management team has confidence in our employees and empowers them to think on their feet, make decisions, and deliver results.
View Open Positions
Lead API Engineer: Overview
The Baker Group is an industry-leading bond broker dealer in Oklahoma City. We work with banks throughout the United States providing a variety of services to manage assets, risk, and provide up-to-the minute market insights.
As a part of our digital transformation, we are looking for a Lead API Engineer to help us define, build, and modernize our web apps and digital solutions we offer our clients. This is a greenfield effort and the Lead API Engineer will play a vital role shaping the exciting new world The Baker Group is moving toward!
The Lead API Engineer will primarily focus on:
- Creating performant, scalable server-side code using AWS Lambda, Node, and more.
- Creating data APIs using REST principles.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Creating valuable unit tests to validate server-side use cases.
- Working closely with product owners, engineers, and business stakeholders to lead feature implementation.
- Bringing a creative and innovation-driven mindset with the ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Guiding product engineering teams in their choice of server-side technologies, development patterns, and services to find the right tradeoffs between time to market, and scalability, resiliency, evolvability, and security.
- Have extensive experience working in cross-functional agile teams in collaboration with product and design.
Lead API Engineer: Key Responsibilities
- Creating data APIs
- Follow REST principles
- Fast responses
- Documented and easily accessible
- Familiarity with Swagger and/or other API documentation solutions
- Solid understanding of AWS Lambdas and ability to write them in Node
- Accessing databases
- Writing optimized SQL (or other) queries
- Working with other backend engineers to structure queries
- Knowledge of API and container orchestration
- Testing APIs
- Works with engineers and quality engineers to rigorously test APIs
- Works with DevOps to ensure scalability
- Implements proper error handling
- Implementing security
- Firm understanding of web security at all layers of tech stack
- User authentication
- User authorization
- JWT and other token handling
- Collaborate with quality engineer to ensure edge cases are accounted for
- Patch vulnerabilities surfaced through penetration and other types of testing
- Firm understanding of web security at all layers of tech stack
- Extensive experience implementing and deploying modern application development technologies such as REST-based web services, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Extensive experience with modern engineering concepts and technologies including AWS, AWS Lambda, micro services, cloud-native applications.
- Knowledge of and working experience with open-source software as well as networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Experience designing and implementing role-based access control features.
- Familiarity with AWS Cognito and/or similar IAM solutions.
- Knowledge of and working experience with different components of systems such as networks, security, firewalls, and other infrastructure components including zero trust model.
- Test-driven development, refactoring, automated unit test, integration test, functional test, and continuous integration/deployment.
- Extensive experience working in cross-functional agile teams in collaboration with product and design.
We are Looking for Experienced Fixed Income Salespeople.
Experience in Institutional fixed income sales with financial institutions is preferred.
Account Executive Sales Position
The Baker Group, continuing its expansion, is seeking sales professionals that have strong relationships with financial institutions. This person will be a fixed income broker working with institutions in the area of asset/liability and portfolio management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience
- Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Substantial travel is required during the first five years
- Some requirements may be flexible for the right candidate
Skills for Success
- Strong sales background
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- Strong thought leadership and analytical ability
- Self-Motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning with a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Bloomberg
This position offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
The Baker Group is one of the nation’s largest independently owned securities firms specializing in asset/liability and investment portfolio management for community financial institutions. Since 1979, we’ve helped our clients improve decision-making, manage interest rate risk, and maximize investment portfolio performance. Baker services over 1,000 clients with offices in Oklahoma, Illinois, New York, Texas, and Utah.
The Baker Group has built an environment that provides our employees with the opportunity to achieve great personal and corporate success.
Health Care – Employee’s insurance is paid by the company, and dependents are eligible to enroll in The Baker Group’s health care benefit plan. Our plan covers medical and dental.
Personal Time Off (PTO) – Paid time off to spend with your family.
Holidays – We observe all major annual holidays.
401(k) – We offer a 401(k) Plan where you can defer, before tax, up to 50 percent of your annual salary (up to the annual IRS maximum).
Long Term Disability – This benefit is paid for entirely by The Baker Group.
Basic Life Insurance – The Baker Group provides basic life insurance coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax savings reimbursement accounts for health and dependent care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – We offer a program for individual counseling on a broad range of issues.
Just take a look at a few of the reasons why we’re such a hit with our employees:
- A fun, small-company atmosphere
- Work/life balance
- Free parking
- Free flu shots
- Business casual dress
- Casual Fridays
- Company parties and golf tournaments
1601 NW Expressway, 21st Floor
Oklahoma City, OK 73118