Baker Bond School gives new portfolio managers and beginners to fixed income investing the knowledge to better understand the various types of securities available, how to analyze them effectively, and how to use that knowledge to confidently build and manage a high-performance investment portfolio within the framework of the entire balance sheet.
Baker Bond School
April 9-10, 2024
Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City Convention Center
Education is the foundation of performance for investment portfolio managers. This is the reason The Baker Group has presented hundreds of seminars and conferences across the country over the last forty-five years. We continue to bring that history of educational experience to a bond school designed specifically for new portfolio managers and those who need to learn the fundamentals of fixed income investing. The Baker Bond School will give attendees the knowledge to better understand the various types of securities available, how to analyze them effectively, and how to use that knowledge to build and manage a high-performance investment portfolio within the framework of the entire balance sheet.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of bonds, bond types, and the role of the investment portfolio
- Introduction to bond analytics
- Characteristics of high-performing portfolios
- Introductions to the following investment sectors:
– Treasuries, Agencies, and CDs
– Municipal Bonds
– Mortgage-Backed Securities and Collateralized Mortgage Obligations
– Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities
– Small Business Administration Securities
- Mortgage prepayment analysis
- Regulatory expectations for the investment portfolio
- Portfolio cash flow strategies
- How to develop a written investment strategy
- How to analyze bond offerings
Who Should Attend
This school is designed for CEOs, CFOs, and those new to their roles in managing or working with the investment portfolio. Directors and new members of the investment and asset/liability management committees will also benefit from the Baker Bond School.
Call Skoshi Heron at 888.990.0010 for more information.
Tuesday, April 9
Wednesday, April 10
A block of rooms is available at the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel. Identify yourself as a Baker Bond School attendee when calling 405.438.6500 to make hotel reservations. The special room rate will be available until March 6, 2024 or until the room block is sold out. Hotel price: Deluxe $229 + tax.
Omni Oklahoma City Hotel
100 West Oklahoma City Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Hotel price: Deluxe $229 + fees/tax
Group live program.
The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate.
Basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended.
11 hours of Economics and Finance CPE credits will be earned for your attendance.
The Baker Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify Key Balance Sheet Trends that Relate to Interest Rate Risk
- Answer Questions About Regulatory Requirements for Interest Rate Risk Reporting
- Recognize the Difference Between Earnings at Risk and Capital at Risk
- Explain the Relationship Between Price Risk and Cash Flow Volatility in Bond Portfolios
- Measure and Assess Relative Value Between and Among Bonds
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received by March 26, 2024 are eligible for a full refund. For questions, please contact Skoshi Heron at (405) 415-7222.
1601 NW Expressway, 21st Floor
Oklahoma City, OK 73118