Baker Bond School gives new portfolio managers and beginners to fixed income investing the knowledge to better understand the various types of securities available, how to analyze them effectively, and how to use that knowledge to confidently build and manage a high-performance investment portfolio within the framework of the entire balance sheet.
May 10-11, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Omni Oklahoma City Hotel
Education is the foundation of performance for investment portfolio managers, and that is why The Baker Group has presented hundreds of seminars and conferences across the country over the last forty years. Now we have brought that history of educational experience to a bond school designed specifically for new portfolio managers and those needing to learn the fundamentals of fixed income investing. The Baker Bond School will give attendees the knowledge to better understand the various types of securities available, how to analyze them effectively, and how to use that knowledge to build and manage a high-performance investment portfolio within the framework of the entire balance sheet.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of bonds and bond market investing
- Understanding the impact of the economy, monetary policy, and interest rates on the bond portfolio
- Demystifying the complex world of bond analytics including pricing, duration, convexity, and total return
- Characteristics of high performance portfolios and how industry allocations have changed over the years
- Introduction to bond types, and the pros and cons of including each in your investment portfolio
- How to develop an effective municipal credit analysis process
- Security selection techniques, and how to conduct effective pre-purchase analysis
- How to analyze bond offerings and Bloomberg screens
- Regulatory implications for the bond portfolio
- Incorporating investment portfolio management into asset/liability management
Who Should Attend
This school is designed for CEOs, CFOs, and those new to their roles in managing or working with the investment portfolio. Directors and new members of the investment and asset/liability management committees will also benefit from the Baker Bond School.
Omni Oklahoma City Hotel
100 West Oklahoma City Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Hotel price: Deluxe $199 + fees/tax
Wednesday, May 10
|6:00 pm||Dinner (included)|
Thursday, May 11
Group live program.
The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate.
Basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended.
13.5 hours of Economics and Finance CPE credits will be earned for your attendance.
The Baker Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify Key Balance Sheet Trends that Relate to Interest Rate Risk
- Answer Questions About Regulatory Requirements for Interest Rate Risk Reporting
- Recognize the Difference Between Earnings at Risk and Capital at Risk
- Explain the Relationship Between Price Risk and Cash Flow Volatility in Bond Portfolios
- Measure and Assess Relative Value Between and Among Bonds
Because this seminar is presented without charge to attendees, there are no refund or cancellation policies. We do, however, welcome any constructive suggestions you might have concerning the seminar. Your comments should be directed to Skoshi Heron at 1.888.990.0010.
1601 NW Expressway, 21st Floor
Oklahoma City, OK 73118