August 3, 2020
This event has been cancelled and we are working on a way to bring you the same information via a different type of venue. We will keep you updated as information becomes available.
This Baker Group seminar was developed specifically for managers of financial institutions. Designed to meet the market challenges of today and to prepare for an uncertain future, it is an in-depth examination of the current topics below.
Interest Rate Risk and Investment Portfolio Management in a Post COVID-19 World
- Economic Update Including High Frequency (Daily) Data Series for a Timely Look at How Quickly the U.S. and Illinois Economies are Recovering
- Review of Recent Federal Reserve Actions to Help the Economy and the Outlook for Fed Policy
- Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Regulatory Expectations in the Wake of COVID-19
- Finding the Best Relative Value in Today’s Bond Market
- Impact of Oil Collapse and COVID-19 on Municipal Credit Risk with Recommendations of What to Buy and What to Avoid
- Impact of Rising Mortgage Delinquencies and Forbearance on MBS Cash Flows with Recommendations of What to Buy and What to Avoid
Illini Golf and Country Club
1601 Illini Road
Springfield, IL 62704
Who should attend: Financial institutions’ CEOs, CFOs, investment officers, board members, and those who are directly or indirectly responsible for financial management functions will benefit from this seminar. There is no cost for this seminar.
Attendance to The Baker Group’s Interest Rate Risk and Investment Strategies Seminar is limited in order to allow attendees as much one-on-one and Q&A time as needed.
Monday, August 3, 2020
Group live program.
The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate.
Basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended.
3 hours of Economics and Finance CPE credits will be earned for your attendance.
The Baker Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify Key Balance Sheet Trends that Relate to Interest Rate Risk
- Answer Questions About Regulatory Requirements for Interest Rate Risk Reporting
- Recognize the Difference Between Earnings at Risk and Capital at Risk
- Explain the Relationship Between Price Risk and Cash Flow Volatility in Bond Portfolios
- Measure and Assess Relative Value Between and Among Bonds
Because this seminar is presented without charge to attendees, there are no refund or cancellation policies. We do, however, welcome any constructive suggestions you might have concerning the seminar. Your comments should be directed to Skoshi Heron at 1.888.990.0010.