November 30, 2021
The Baker Group’s Interest Rate Risk and Investment Strategies Seminar* was developed specifically for managers of financial institutions. Designed to meet the market challenges of today, it is an in-depth examination of current topics including:
- Economic Update: Post-Pandemic Policy and Market Conditions
- Recent Banking Industry Trends
- Regulatory Hot Button Issues for 2021
- Best Practices for Interest Rate Risk Management and Liquidity Risk Management
- Developing an Investment Strategy Process to Successfully Deploy Excess Liquidity
- Finding the Best Relative Value in Today’s Bond Market
- Municipal Credit Risk and Recommendations: What to Buy and What to Avoid
- Mortgage Market Prepays and Cash Flow Analysis: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America
2141 Landau Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55425
Who should attend: Financial institutions’ CEOs, CFOs, investment officers, board members, and those who are directly or indirectly responsible for financial management functions will benefit from this seminar. There is no cost for this seminar.
Attendance to The Baker Group’s Interest Rate Risk and Investment Strategies Seminar is limited in order to allow attendees as much one-on-one and Q&A time as needed.
You are responsible for your own hotel reservations. A block of rooms has been reserved for The Baker Group seminar participants. To assure accommodation availability with JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, reservations should be made at the hotel by November 11, 2021. Room reservations received after this date will be confirmed on a space-and-rate available basis. Call 800.228.9290 for hotel reservations, be sure to identify yourself as a Baker Group attendee in order to receive the discounted rate of $199.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Group live program.
The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate.
Basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended.
7 hours of Economics and Finance CPE credits will be earned for your attendance.
The Baker Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify Key Balance Sheet Trends that Relate to Interest Rate Risk
- Answer Questions About Regulatory Requirements for Interest Rate Risk Reporting
- Recognize the Difference Between Earnings at Risk and Capital at Risk
- Explain the Relationship Between Price Risk and Cash Flow Volatility in Bond Portfolios
- Measure and Assess Relative Value Between and Among Bonds
Because this seminar is presented without charge to attendees, there are no refund or cancellation policies. We do, however, welcome any constructive suggestions you might have concerning the seminar. Your comments should be directed to Skoshi Heron at 1.888.990.0010.