The Baker Asset/Liability Management School gives attendees the knowledge to better understand the fundamentals of asset/liability management, interest rate risk management, and the ALCO process.
Baker ALM School
August 8-9, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City Convention Center
The Baker Group pioneered Asset/Liability Management (ALM) more than forty years ago when we developed the first computer based ALM program designed specifically for community banks. Since then, we have spent four decades educating financial institutions how to effectively use ALM strategies to manage risk and maximize performance. The Baker Group has presented hundreds of seminars and conferences across the country and now we have brought that history of educational experience to an Asset/Liability Management School designed specifically for members of the ALCO and those needing to learn the fundamentals of ALM. The Baker ALM School will give attendees the knowledge to better understand the “who, what, why, and how” of ALM and the ALCO process.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of asset/liability management including what it is and why we do it
- Understanding the impact of the economy, monetary policy, and interest rates on the earnings and capital of the institution
- Regulatory expectations to ensure you are always in compliance with the latest guidance and prepared for your next exam
- Best practices for developing an effective ALCO process including appropriate policies, procedures, and risk limits
- Practical methodologies and recommendations for how to develop assumptions that are institution specific and regularly reviewed, stress-tested, and back-tested
- Review of the most important assumptions available in most models and which ones have the greatest impact on outcomes including:
– Betas, rate sensitivities, and lags
– Decay rates, NMD average lives, and maturity distributions
– Discount rates and reinvestment rates
– Prepayment rates
– Rate scenarios including instantaneous vs. ramped and parallel vs. non-parallel
- Risk mitigation strategies for managing interest rate risk
- Incorporating investment portfolio management into asset/liability management
- How to develop an effective liquidity risk management process including forward looking dynamic cash flow modeling, stress testing, and contingency funding plans
Who Should Attend
This school is designed for Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and members of the ALCO committee. Directors and anyone else involved in the asset/liability management process will also benefit from the Baker ALM School.
Call Skoshi Heron at 888.990.0010 for more information.
Tuesday, August 8
Wednesday, August 9
A block of rooms is available at the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel. Identify yourself as a Baker ALM School attendee when calling 405.438.6500 to make hotel reservations. The special room rate will be available until July 7, 2023. Hotel price: Deluxe $209 + tax.
Omni Oklahoma City Hotel
100 West Oklahoma City Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Hotel price: Deluxe $209 + tax
Group live program.
The level of learning for this seminar is intermediate.
Basic knowledge of finance and banking is recommended.
10 hours of Economics and Finance CPE credits will be earned for your attendance.
The Baker Group is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
After completing this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify Key Balance Sheet Trends that Relate to Interest Rate Risk
- Answer Questions About Regulatory Requirements for Interest Rate Risk Reporting
- Recognize the Difference Between Earnings at Risk and Capital at Risk
- Explain the Relationship Between Price Risk and Cash Flow Volatility in Bond Portfolios
- Measure and Assess Relative Value Between and Among Bonds
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received by July 8, 2023 are eligible for a full refund. For questions, please contact Skoshi Heron at 405.415.7222.
1601 NW Expressway, 21st Floor
Oklahoma City, OK 73118